What is Metamask?
In this post I will show you step by step guide How To create a MetaMask Wallet In 2022 but what is actually metamask? Metamask is a free, open-source cryptocurrency wallet that you can use as a browser extension. It is available for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Brave browsers and also has apps for Android and iOS devices. Metamask allows you to store ETH and other assets based on the Ethereum blockchain (read Blockchain: A Beginner’s Guide ) like NFTs or POAPs . In addition, it allows you to interact with dApps.
How to create a Metamask account?
Here are step by step guide to create MetaMask account in 2022:
Step 1: Download and install add Matamask
- To get started, first download and install the MetaMask extension for your browser or mobile device . If you are in a browser, you can visit this link directly and click on “Add to Chrome” . Once accepted and added to your browser, you will see the fox icon at the top right in the extensions bar .
Step 2: Create an account
- To start the process of creating an account, simply click the fox icon in your browser and select Try It Now. It will ask you if you want to import a wallet or create a new one. We suggest creating a new one. We generate a unique password that we don’t have on other sites like email or Facebook to ensure good security.
Step 3: Create your seed phrase
- Now create a very important phrase, called a “seed phrase”, which will be used to restore access to our wallet on any device. With this phrase, anyone can transfer everything in our wallet to another. It is very important to store this phrase in a physical format: either written down on a piece of paper that only we know where it is or on an encrypted external hard drive. Never , I repeat, never store this security phrase in a digital medium with internet access . Once we have written it down and thought of a safe place to store it, we will do the double check in Metamask completing the sentence.
Step 4: Deposit ETH
- After verifying that the seed phrase is correct, Metamask will give you the option to transfer ETH from another wallet or to buy on Coinbase. After closing that window, “Account 1” will appear . Below it, a number beginning with “0x…” . That number is our Ethereum address . This address is comparable to a bank account number : it can be used to send us ETH, NFTs , and ERC-20 tokens. Now that you have finished the process, every time you want to access your wallet, simply click on the extension and log in.
How do i use Metamask Wallet?
Using MetaMask is simple. When you visit a web page that requires you to connect your wallet, click the button and a window will open asking for authorization . On the other hand, if we attend an event where they distribute POAPs or want ETH sent to us , all we have to do is provide our Ethereum address .
In addition to making it easy to connect your wallet to virtual environments like Decentraland , Metamask also protects us against malware attacks by blocking unauthorized third parties from accessing our account in real time. We must be careful when connecting our wallet to a website , since many times we do not know what we are signing. Therefore, it is convenient to use it in sites that we trust or use an alternative wallet without cryptocurrencies to test.
How to export metamask private key?
To export your private key, simply click on the Metamask icon and click on “Export Private Key.” We’ll enter our password and it will appear. As with the seed phrase, it is important to keep it in a safe place that is not connected to the internet and not share it with anyone else , otherwise they can steal the tokens you have.
The private key lets you export your ETH accounts from Metamask to another wallet. It differs from the seed phrase, which is used to access your Metamask account from another browser.
Every cryptocurrency exchange platform has a list of crypto wallets to put your cryptocurrencies in. This is due to the high risk of investing in crypto and high rate of scams. The fact that crypto wallets have been created for different purposes means there are usually long lists of wallet to choose from on these platforms.
Learn More from this resources
- 27 Best NFT Marketplaces in 2022 Reviewed
- NFT Full Form
- How To Create a Successful NFT project ?
- NFT Staking Explained- How NFT Staking Works?
- Top 14 Best NFT Staking Platforms in 2022
- Is Polygon a Better Blockchain Than Ethereum?
- SuperRare vs Foundation In 2022 – NFT Marketplace Comparison
- OpenSea vs Rarible – Which One is Better?
- Crypto Que Dogs NFT – cryptoquedogs.nft
- C-01 NFT COLLECTION, Explained – What is C-01 NFT Project?
- Quick Answer: What is OpenSea used for?
- How To Sell NFT on Solana Blockchain
- Is It Possible To Create an NFT Marketplace in Cardano?