AGREEMENT TO TERMS
We do not intend for the information on our Site to be available to or used by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Please note that the Site is not designed to comply with industry-specific regulations (e.g., Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) etc.), so if your interactions would be subjected to such laws, you may not use this Site. Please do not use this Site if you are acting on behalf of a financial institution or other entity subject to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA).
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”)
an-nft.com respects the intellectual property rights of others. Per the DMCA, an-nft.com will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement on the Site if submitted to an-nft.com Copyright Agent as described below. Upon receipt of a notice alleging copyright infringement, an-nft.com will take whatever action it deems appropriate within its sole discretion, including removal of the allegedly infringing materials and termination of access for repeat infringers of copyright-protected content.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated by an-nft.com or by a third party who has uploaded materials to our website, please provide the following information to the designated Copyright Agent listed below:
A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
An address, telephone number, and email address where we can contact you and, if different, an email address where the alleged infringing party, if not an-nft.com, can contact you;
A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright owner or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law;
A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
Your electronic or physical signature.
an-nft.com may request additional information before removing any allegedly infringing material. In the event an-nft.com removes the allegedly infringing materials, an-nft.com will immediately notify the person responsible for posting such materials that an-nft.com or disabled access to the materials. an-nft.com may also provide the responsible person with your email address so that the person may respond to your allegations.
If you use the Site, you represent and warrant: (1) that you are at least 13 years old; (2) that you have the legal capacity to enter into this agreement and comply with its terms; (3) that you are not a minor in your state or country; (4) that you will not access the Site through automated means or non-human means; (5) that your use of the Site will not violate any applicable laws or regulations; and (6) that if there is a dispute about or involving the site, you shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless HITB Conferences.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
You may not use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make it available. We do not endorse or approve commercial endeavors undertaken by users of the Site.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- 1. Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- 2. Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- 3. Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- 4. Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- 5. Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- 6. Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- 7. Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- 8. Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- 9. Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- 10. Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- 11. Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- 12. Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- 13. Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- 14. Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- 15. Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- 16. Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- 18. Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- 19. Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- 20. Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site.
- 21. Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
The Site invites you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality. The Site may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site. This includes but is not limited to text (including discussions about topics we’re covering in class), writings (including stories and poems), video (recorded talks and performances), audio (intonations of your voice), photographs (images that you’ve shot), graphics (illustrations and cartoons), comments (reactions to news articles or blog posts), suggestions (ideas for stories), personal information or other material.
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
4. Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
5. Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
6. Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
7. Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
8. Your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
9. Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
10. Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
11. Your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
12. Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
13. Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
When you post your Contributions to this Site, you automatically grant us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid worldwide license to host, use, copy, reproduce and sell your Contributions. We can use and distribute your Contributions (including, without limitation, your image, voice and name) for any purpose. We may prepare derivative works of your Contribution or incorporate it into other works, and we may grant sublicenses for any of the foregoing. The use and distribution may occur in any media formats and through any media channels.
This license applies to any form of media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to print, digital, broadcast, and all other forms of distribution. It also includes our use of your name and any other personal information you provide, as well as any trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos, and personal and commercial images you provide. You waive any moral rights in your Contributions, and warrant that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in your Contributions.
You retain full ownership of all of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Contributions provided by you in any area on the Site. You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Site, so please use caution and common sense when posting information about yourself or others.
We reserve the right to edit, redact, or otherwise change any Contributions. We also reserve the right to re-categorize any Contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on our Site. We don’t have to pre-screen or delete your Contributions before posting, but we may do so at any time and for any reason.
GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS
We welcome your feedback and may provide you with areas on the Site where you can post reviews or ratings. We ask that you follow these guidelines: (1) you should have firsthand experience with the person/entity being reviewed; (2) your posts should not contain offensive profanity, or abusive, racist, offensive, or hate language; (3) your posts should not contain discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability. (4) Please do not post any reviews that contain references to illegal activity; please do not be affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews; please do not make any conclusions as to the legality of conduct; please do not post any false or misleading statements; and please do not organize a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative.
We reserve the right to accept, reject or remove reviews in our sole discretion. We have absolutely no obligation to screen reviews or remove reviews, even if anyone considers reviews objectionable or inaccurate. Reviews are not endorsed by us and do not necessarily represent our opinions. We do not assume liability for any review or for any claims, liabilities, or losses resulting from any review. By posting a review, you are granting us a perpetual license to use your review on our site, but you also retain ownership of your work.
You agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or other information you give us about the Site will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. While we do not have to respond to every comment we receive, we do appreciate hearing from our customers.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE AND CONTENT
Please be aware that our Site may contain links to other websites and online content, which are completely independent of us. Any purchases you make through third-party websites will be through those other companies and their terms and conditions will apply to your transactions with them. We take no responsibility whatsoever in relation to such purchases which are exclusively between you and the applicable third party. We do not endorse any of the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites. If you choose to purchase any products or services from a Third-Party Web site, you do so at your own risk. And if you experience any harm, losses or injuries as a result of any content on a Third-Party Website or as a result of your contact with a Third-Party Website, we cannot be held responsible.
TERM AND TERMINATION
If we terminate or suspend your account, you are strictly prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to pursue civil, criminal, and injunctive redress against you.
MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
We may change, modify, or remove the contents of our Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also may modify or discontinue all or part of the Site without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
We cannot guarantee that the Site will always be available. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems or need to perform maintenance related to the Site, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors. We reserve the right to change, revise, update, suspend or discontinue all or any part of the Site at any time or for any reason without notice to you. We’re sorry, but we have no responsibility for any losses you suffer if our site is down. Nothing in these terms is intended to obligate us to keep our site running or to provide you with updates, corrections, or releases.
WE PROVIDE THIS SITE AND OUR SERVICES ON AN AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND OUR SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WE MAKE NO GUARANTEES ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY LINKED WEBSITES. WE WILL NOT ASSUME LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES IN CONTENT AND MATERIALS, PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE, (5) WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT MAY OCCUR WHILE USING THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (1) MALWARE OR VIRUSES TRANSMITTED BY ANY THIRD PARTY AND/OR (2) ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR MATERIALS, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THIRD PARTY GOODS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH OUR SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO FROM OUR SERVICES OR IN ADVERTISEMENTS, OR ANY MOBILE APPLICATIONS FEATURED IN AN ADVERTISEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE, ENDORSE OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE, ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION FEATURED IN AN ADVERTISEMENT. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
WE AND OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS WILL NEVER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSSES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THEIR POSSIBILITY. REGARDLESS OF ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS AGREEMENT, OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF THE AMOUNT PAID TO US OR US$500.00. THE LAWS OF SOME US STATES AND INTERNATIONAL JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us, including our subsidiaries, affiliates and all of our respective officers, agents, partners and employees from any loss or damage that may arise from your use of this Site or any breach of the Terms. Although we hope it will not be necessary, we can assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us at your expense if you do not notify us promptly upon becoming aware of any such claims, actions or proceedings.
We will retain certain information that you transmit to the Site for the purpose of managing the performance of the Site and your use of it. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are responsible for all information you transmit or that relates to any activity you undertake using the Site. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, TRANSACTIONS, AND SIGNATURES
By visiting the Site, sending us emails, and completing online forms, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive electronic communications from us, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing. By using this site, you consent to our use of electronic signatures on contracts and other records, as well as to receiving electronic delivery of notices, policies, and records of transactions initiated or completed by us or via the Site. In exchange for your electronic signature on this document, you agree to waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by any means other than electronic means.
CALIFORNIA USERS AND RESIDENTS
If you have a complaint with us that we cannot resolve to your satisfaction, you may contact the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs. You can reach them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, California 95834 or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916) 445-1254.
To resolve a complaint about the Site or to receive further information on how we use your information, please contact us at:
support at an-nft dot com
Last Updated on May 19, 2022 by AN-NFT.COM